Develop your people management and leadership excellence with this learning pathway.
Management and leadership has recently been identified in research as one of the key skills that employers look for when recruiting. This learning pathway is a structured programme to help you develop people management and leadership excellence to go alongside your technical skills.
Sooner or later almost every accountant will need to lead and manage people, teams, and organisations as a whole. You will be expected to understand how to provide strategic direction, to help improve performance and align it with the organisations goals, and to deal with difficult situations. This learning pathway will ensure that you take as professional an approach to these challenges as you have done to developing your technical skills.
Along with your fellow participants, you will learn how to operate as a leader, as a coach and as a member of a team you may also manage. The learning pathway also focuses on the skills you need to be an effective leader and looks specifically at the challenges of managing in unusual circumstances.
Note: This learning pathway was previously Learning Pathway: Performance Management & Leadership.
This learning pathway will address the five key challenges of effective management and leadership:
- providing effective leadership
- coaching individuals and groups to improve their performance
- developing the key management skills
- balancing leadership with your individual contribution
- managing in unusual circumstances.
- Duration: 20 weeks
- Weekly study: 1 hour
- Start date: in session
- Exclusive ACCA member discount available
The programme has been split into different topics, which will be covered each week of the course.
1. Planning and personal skills audit
2. Overview and guest speaker
Providing effective leadership
3. Engaging with strategy
4. Being a manager
5. Being a leader
6. Goal translation
7. Performance criteria and KPIs
Coaching to improve performance
8. Role of the coach in performance
9. Theories of motivation
10. Providing effective feedback
11. Reviewing and appraising work
Developing the key management skills
14. Options week
Balancing leadership with individual contribution
15. The manager as a member of the team
16. Maximising team performance
17. Guest speaker: Working in accounting and finance teams
Managing in unusual circumstances
18. Managing change
19. Managing remotely
20- Wrap-up, reflection and planning
ACCA learning pathways in association with accountingcpd, who work with leading industry specialists to develop bespoke CPD courses.
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party suppliers.
- 20 hours
- 20 weeks - one hour per week
- 330 GBP (plus VAT)
- ACCA members receive 10% discount
- when using code ACCA101
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.