An ACCA Professional Courses event
- forms of business structure reviewed - making the right choice
- taxation of unincorporated business forms - problems and pitfalls
- taxation of incorporated businesses - the impact of tax increases
- extraction of profit strategies
- reliefs available to facilitate incorporation
- taxation consequences of business cessation in alternative structures
- business succession issues.
Paul Soper FCCA
Lecturer, consultant and broadcaster
Paul qualified with Stoy Hayward and has since been both a partner in a small firm and sole practitioner and is now a consultant and lecturer on taxation issues focusing mainly on small practitioners and has presented extensively for firms both large and small as well as the ACCA, the ICAEW District Societies and the CIOT.
Paul has extensive broadcasting experience both on the radio with the BBC, Radios 1, 2 and 4 as well as local radio in London and in Wales, and on TV – he was one of the regular presenters of the first 3 series of Moneyspinner on Channel 4, has appeared in numerous videos produced and presented for various organisations including the BBC Accountants TV Channel. He produces, writes, records and present podcasts both for his own site – www.taxationpodcasts.com and for others as diverse as the Neighbourhood Watch and the ACCA.
Paul is the author of several books for students, as well as ‘How to Avoid CGT’ for Rushmere Wynne.
In his spare time he plays bass in a London-based blues band, Jimmy C and the Bluesdragons and is a season ticket holder at Fulham.