Why is working capital management becoming so important?
There’s clear evidence that companies who manage working capital well, enjoy higher profits and lower operational risks than their counterparts. But how do we move from independent functional management of working capital, to a consolidated strategic approach for the organisation?
This course is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to be able to integrate the management of working capital into your company’s overall strategy, and to align core working capital functions with overall business objectives.
You’ll learn how to build a cash forecast and measure working capital performance, plus receive guidance on effective cross-functional management to promote an integrated approach to working capital across the firm.
By completing this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- working capital's position as an element of the balance sheet
- the potential impact of working capital performance on overall business performance
- differentiating between managing working capital as a risk instead of as an opportunity
- the key working capital operational elements (inventory, AR and AP)
- recognising the cross-functional nature of working capital management
- being able to measure the performance of working capital management
- being able to develop a working capital forecasting tool
- recognising the strategic importance of working capital.
Authored by Andy Gifford
Andy Gifford was born in England but spent his formative years in South Africa. He initially entered the accounting profession, but quickly moved to commerce to put theory into practice. After spending time in technical accounting roles, he joined the Howden Group where he become managing director of one of the main divisions.
Andy is now working in the SME sector assisting start-ups and providing management advice. But he also has experience treasury, procurement, shared services and real estate.
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs.
BPP is a leading provider of online technical CPD for accounting professionals.
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party suppliers.
- 1 hour
- 12 months access
- 30 GBP (exc VAT)
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.