Six hypotheses for the development of the role of the CFO
Here you'll find a text description of figure 2.1 in the report.
- The CFO will come to predominantly focus on stakeholder and investor management rather than safeguarding and reporting.
- The CFO will have a leading responsibility for business strategy formulation, validation and execution through responsibility for its achievement.
- The focus of the role shifts from principally historically based cost control to growth optimisation.
Wide view of performance
- The role will encompass measurement of all aspects of the strategic objectives of the organisation (eg as indicated by the six capitals of integrated reporting).
- Will provide greatest value to their entities through forward insight rather than retrospective reporting, becoming a chief performance officer.
- Increasingly will have the CFO role as the next progression in their career development.