CPD special offer
Developed by ACCA, this introductory course examines what machine learning is, how it can be applied, the ethical considerations and the implications for future skills.
An introductory course from ACCA addressing machine learning from the perspective of users, rather than those directly involved with technology related coding and mathematical model building. The course examines what machine learning is, how it can be applied, the ethical considerations and the implications for future skills.
Machine learning (ML) is a sub-set of artificial intelligence (AI) and is generally understood as the ability of the system to make predictions or draw conclusions, based on the analysis of a large historical data set.
Increasingly used in accounting software and business process applications, as a finance professional, it’s important to develop your understanding of ML and the needs of the accountancy profession.
This online course is based on machine learning: more science than fiction, a report by ACCA.
- demystify the terminology associated with artificial intelligence (AI)
- explain what machine learning actually is and how it fits into the AI landscape
- develop an appreciation of the techniques used in machine learning
- understand applications in accountancy and finance from practitioner videos
- learn by doing with a practical exercise, that gives visibility of tools used by practitioners e.g. python and jupyter notebook
- recognise ethical issues and benefits from views shared by Board member of International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA), the global standard setting body within International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- reflect on future skills needed by accountancy and finance professionals.
For members in China, you can purchase an alternative version configured to run in China here
CPD special offer
- 7 hours