Further develop your expertise with a globally recognised qualification in international tax from the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for ACCA members to prove their expertise in international tax and gain a specialist qualification from the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT), one of the world's most respected professional bodies. The ADIT (Advanced Diploma in International Taxation) is particularly relevant to qualified accountants with a tax background who are looking to specialise further in international tax.
- Globally recognised – valued by firms and organisations in industries and sectors around the world, ADIT is acknowledged globally as the leading qualification of its type.
- Challenging and rigorous – ADIT is an indicator of your quality and status, enabling you to differentiate yourself from your peers by demonstrating your commitment, expertise and employability.
- Enhanced employability – ADIT is a unique differentiator on your CV, marking you out as an international tax expert and enabling you to join the CIOT as an International Tax Affiliate for further career benefits.
By achieving ADIT you will demonstrate:
- knowledge of the key concepts of international tax, achieved by completing the mandatory Principles of International Taxation exam
- in-depth knowledge of international tax issues for two jurisdictions or areas of international tax, achieved by completing any two from a range of optional module exams.
For more information on the ADIT exam modules, view the ADIT examination structure.
Meet the international tax practitioners
ADIT offers a range of professional benefits to anybody working in, or seeking a career in, international tax. Here are the views of a number of ACCA members who have gone on to pursue ADIT.
Registration and examinations
ACCA members need to register with the CIOT in advance of your first exam.
ADIT exams are held each June and December, delivered online and available for you to sit at home or in your office.
December 2023 exams
- Register as an ADIT student by 1 September
- The deadline to book your exam entry is 15 September
June 2024 exams
- Register as an ADIT student by 1 March
- The deadline to book your exam entry is 15 March
Download the ADIT Prospectus from the CIOT website.
ACCA exclusive discounts
ACCA has negotiated exclusive discounts for members to purchase ADIT training courses and study materials from Tolley Exam Training – one of the leading providers of courses and materials for ADIT.
All training is delivered by experienced tutors in both the international and training fields. These expert ADIT tutors also write the bespoke study manuals which are tailored to each paper’s syllabus so you know what’s needed to pass the ADIT exams. Tolley provides training and materials for the Principles of International Taxation exam, along with a number of the optional module exams, and training options range from their Guaranteed Pass Scheme through to distance learning packages.
ACCA members are able to claim a 10% discount on all ADIT training courses and study materials provided by Tolley Exam Training. Further information is available from the course providers' section of the ADIT website or by contacting Tolley Exam Training directly on +44 (0)203 364 4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org