What is AA about?
Audit and Assurance provides you with an understanding of the knowledge and application skills required to carry out an audit engagement.
Steps to success
- If possible, study with an approved learning partner and with approved learning content
- Study the whole syllabus and ensure your knowledge of ISAs and relevant financial accounting is at an appropriate level
- Practice exam style and standard questions, to time, using the ACCA Practice Platform
- Develop your ability to construct effective written response answers
- Carefully review how correct answers to OT questions were derived
- Develop your skills in providing effective narrative answers
- Attempt at least two full exams under exam conditions, debrief your answers, then focus your revision on weaker areas.
Tackling the exam
Section A (30 marks)
- Three OT cases with five OT questions worth two marks each, 10 marks per case.
Tips for answering OT questions
- Read the question carefully
- Think before answering
- If unsure, eliminate incorrect answers
- Answer all questions.
Section B (70 marks)
- Three scenarios with two or more requirements
Tips for answering Section B questions
- Read each requirement carefully to understand what is asked for
- Draw on the scenario to plan the points you need to make
- Use concise headings
- Make clear and concise points specific to the given scenario
- Describe 'how' procedures should be performed
- Do not give rote-learnt answer points
- Attempt all requirements.