The new legislation is called the Multi-Unit Developments Act 2011 and it will regulate the Owner Management Companies (OMC) that own and manage the common areas in a multi-unit development. The new requirements are onerous and all of the provisions have been commenced since 1 April 2011.
Technical document resources that can be accessed from the 'Related Documents' section of this page are listed below.
- Checklists of rights and obligations:
- What are multi-unit developments;
- What the developer must do;
- What the apartment owner is entitled to;
- What to do if things go wrong;
- Checklist of financial statements disclosures;
- A 20 minute audio and video on line presentation on the requirements of the Multi-Unit Developments Act 2011;
- Magazine article summarising the requirements of the Act is at;
- The Multi-Unit Developments Act 2011 legislation, available on the Department of Justice and Equality website using the 'Related Links'.