Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®) eligibility requirements for ACCA members
We are delighted to partner with The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) to offer ACCA members a supporting requirement exception for CIA.
Your ACCA membership is recognised by The IIA as satisfying the education and professional experience requirements for the CIA program. Therefore, you are not required to submit proof of education or professional experience.
Candidates must be an active full member of ACCA, students are ineligible. A current letter of good standing is required from ACCA indicating full member status.
The IIA will verify ACCA membership when a member applies for the CIA program.
Once you have been approved into the program, you have three years to successfully complete all three CIA exam parts. You do not have to complete the exam parts in order.
Important dates - applicants approved in June
- Application windows: June 2022
- Registration and exam scheduling: June 2022
- First attempt testing windows: August and November 2022
Important dates - applicants approved in September
- Application windows: September 2022
- Registration and exam scheduling: September 2022
- First attempt testing windows: November 2022 and February 2023
Exam retake dates
- Registration and exam scheduling: all year
- Retake test windows: January, April, August, November 2022 and February 2023
Important dates (Mainland China ONLY)
- Application window: June 2022
- Registration window: June 2022
- Scheduling window: 1-9 August 2022
- First attempt testing windows: 4 September 2022 @9:00am CST only
Exam retake dates (Mainland China ONLY)
- Registration window: 1-20 April 2022
- Scheduling window: 1-8 May 2022
- Retake test window: 12 June 2022 @9:00am CST only
Need to know more?
Meet the internal auditors
Richard Tan and Helen Li are ACCA members who have also completed the CIA exam.