Over the past 40 years there has been a progressive and huge divergence between company balance sheet value and value expressed by shareholders, represented by share price and market capitalisation.
Furthermore, the statistical correlation between accounting-based measures of performance over a one- to three-year time horizon and corporate share value is poor.
This module looks at the real driving forces behind share values in today’s world.
On completion of this course, you will gain an understanding of:
- the shortcomings of historical valuation methods
- the basics of the capital asset pricing model
- market value added (MVA) and economic value added (EVA)- a step forward
- shareholder value analysis (SVA) - current thinking on value creation and the importance of intangible value
- Rappaport’s guiding principles of value management.
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs.
BPP is a leading provider of online technical CPD for accounting professionals.
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party supplier.
- 1.5 hours
- 12 months' access
- 45 GBP (exc. VAT)
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.