The role of the forensic accountant will seem familiar to finance professionals, but it demands skills way beyond technical finance skills. Forensic accountants' day to day work involves fraud investigations, damages assessments, valuations of businesses or curious entities and frequently involves legal proceedings. The forensic accountant could spend a week as the expert witness in a matrimonial dispute involving millions of pounds of marital assets, before spending the next valuing a football club.
This course allows you to work through activities, share your learning with peers, and get the knowledge and skills that will enable you to operate in the world of the forensic accountant. You’ll be able to identify misconduct and fraud as well as understand how to conduct fraud investigations and non-fraud work.
This course will enable you to:
- understand the role of the forensic accountant
- identify misconduct including money laundering
- gain an understanding of how to prevent fraud
- plan and conduct fraud investigations
- develop an understanding of non-fraud work such as valuations and asset tracing
- understand the role of the forensic accountant as an expert witness.
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs
- exclusive member benefit - 10% discount
- iPad/Android compatible.
Helping accountants grow
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party suppliers.
- 4 hours
- 120 days access
- 75 GBP (exc. VAT)
- ACCA members receive 10% discount
- when using code ACCA101
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.