The collapse of Enron in the noughties provided the driving force for the development of strong corporate governance principles in the UK. More recently, however, a seemingly endless succession of corporate scandals, from Carillion to Wirecard, Greensill to Patisserie Valerie continue to focus the world's attention on the impact of poor corporate governance
Using real world examples and case studies throughout, Lisa Weaver's course blends theoretical underpinnings with practical advice on creating efficient and effective management structures that minimise risk.
This course will enable you to:
- realise the importance of corporate governance and why poor governance has led to corporate scandal in the past
- recognise the consequences of non-compliance with UK Corporate Governance Code
- understand the basis of a legislative approach to corporate governance including the US Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- establish effective board management including remuneration and audit committees
- create successful business strategies through effective use of the corporate governance principles.
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs
- iPad/Android compatible
- exclusive member benefit – 10% discount.
Helping accountants grow
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party suppliers.
- 4 hours
- 120 days' access
- 75 GBP (exc. VAT)
- ACCA members receive 10% discount
- when using code ACCA101
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.