Transitional arrangements (for students registered pre-15 August 2004)
Transitional arrangements for students who registered with ACCA on or before 15 August 2004.
1. Has the MRA changed my options?
No. The MRA incorporates the transitional rules agreed for students registered on or before 15 August 2004, which are identical to those agreed as part of the old MRA, and which are detailed below:
The provisions of the 2000 MRA will continue to apply to members of ACCA applying for membership of the HKICPA only if:
- the applicant was registered as a student of ACCA on or before 15 August 2004 and has completed and passed the ACCA Professional Examination before the following relevant dates:
- in relation to members of ACCA who as at 15 August 2004 were holders of an Accounting Degree, 30 June 2007;
- in relation to members of ACCA who as at 15 August 2004 were holders of a Non-Accounting Degree and who did not at that date hold an Accounting Degree, 30 June 2008; and
- in relation to members of ACCA who as at 15 August 2004 did not hold either an Accounting Degree or a Non-Accounting Degree, 30 June 2009; and
- the applicant has completed the HK Practical Experience Requirement provided that:
- if the application for membership of HKICPA is made before 1 January 2008, the practical experience gained on or after 1 July 2005 must have been gained under an Authorised Employer or Authorised Supervisor; and
- if the applicant applies for membership of HKICPA on or after 1 January 2008, the practical experience must have been gained under an Authorised Employer or Authorised Supervisor for the full Period (three to five years as may be required) of the HK Practical Experience Requirement.
2. If I fail to complete and pass the ACCA professional examination before the relevant dates, am I eligible to apply for HKICPA membership?
Yes, but you will be required to apply under the terms of the 2015 MRA.
3. If I complete and pass the ACCA professional examination before the relevant dates, am I required to pass the HK aptitude tests in order to apply for membership of HKICPA?
No, you will not be required to complete the HK Aptitude Tests.
4. I did not hold any degree before 15th August 2004 but obtained a degree for further exemptions from the ACCA professional examination afterwards. Will the due date for completing my ACCA professional examination (I.E. 30th June 2009) be changed?
No, the due date will remain the same.