Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How do I obtain a UK CPA?
The association offers direct membership to those who are members of certain other professional bodies and organisations. Theses bodies have been selected as they have appropriate entry criteria, which are comparable to or exceed the standards of the association.
We are willing to review other organisations. If you hold membership with another organisation not listed here and wish to gain membership of the CPAA please contact us as we will be able to review this organisation and you may be eligible for membership.
If you are a member of an IFAC member body, regardless of whether it is listed below, you will be eligible for membership of the CPAA.
- ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- AIA (Association of International Accountants)
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants)
- CIOT (Chartered Institute of Taxation)
- CIPFA (Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy)
- CPA Australia
- CPA Canada (Chartered Professional Accountants)
- CPA Ireland
- ICAEW (Institutes of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
- ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants Ireland)
- ICPAP (Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Pakistan)
- ICAP (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan)
- ICAS (Institute of Chartered Accountants Scotland)
- IFA (Institute of Financial Accountants)
- IPA (Institute of Public Accountants)
- ICAN (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria)
Can I continue to study ACCA in the UK?
Yes, you can certainly continue your studies towards the ACCA Qualification while you are residing in the UK.
We do not have any in-person study options, but you can utilize online Learning Providers such as Learn Signal or Avado. You can also request a list of testing locations within the USA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there any schools that will accept my ACCA Qualification towards a Master's in Accounting?
Yes! There are several universities partnered with ACCA to teach and tutor the ACCA modules towards a Masters in Accounting. Find out more.
Approved ACCA learning providers
Are you able to help me obtain a work visa for the UK?
Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you with this request but all relevant information about visas and immigration can be found at the UK immigration and work visas.
I recently moved to the UK. How do I get access to local events and information?
We are happy to have you added to our local member database once you have made the transition to make sure you are included in future chapter events. Please fill out the information below and send to email@example.com.
Do you have a list of Foreign Credential Evaluation Services?
Members and students often use foreign credential evaluation services to determine equivalency for sitting the CPAA. The result varies from person to person and the service as well, but often the ACCA qualification is not found to be 150 hours on its own. We cannot comment on specific cases but the ACCA UK office has developed a guide that can help members and students interested in moving to the UK. It talks about the evaluation services and which ones are most frequently used by members in the UK.
Equivalency of ACCA (professional and academic)
Visit the UK ENIC website to find out more.
A member suggested sending along the course syllabi for each of the exams completed. This may give the evaluator additional information on what is covered throughout the ACCA exams. They can be found here in the student community.