If ACCA suspects, or has cause to believe, that there has been improper conduct in connection with your examination, it reserves the right to withhold your examination result and/or to suspend your ability to sit further ACCA examinations until the conclusion of any disciplinary process. Further information can be found in the Guide to ACCA’s complaints and disciplinary procedures (PDF, 114KB).
For Centre-based exams:
- ACCA cannot accept responsibility for the theft, loss of, or damage to, any valuables or unauthorised items left in the examination venue, therefore you are advised not to bring any valuable or unauthorised items to the examination centre.
- ACCA does not implement a dress code for its examinations. However, you should dress for your examination(s) in a manner which will not cause offence to your fellow candidates.
- Before, during and after your examination, you must not behave in a manner which will distract your fellow candidates. Inappropriate behaviour will be reported to ACCA.
- If you are required to leave the exam room for a short period at any time, you will be escorted by an invigilator.
For Remote invigilation exams only:
- If any other person is detected as being present in your physical location, whether visible or not; or overheard in any manner, whether physically detected through movement and/or sound, irrespective of whether or not they are in your current location during your exam, your exam may be terminated and you may be reported to ACCA.
- The room must be as quiet as possible. Sounds such as music or television are not permitted.
- You must not leave your desk for any reason unless you are specifically permitted to do so.
- Move mobile phones, electronic devices, headphones and watches out of arm’s reach.
- During the exam your mobile phone must be kept on silent with vibration switched off to avoid disruptions. The invigilator will use the chat function to indicate if they will call, or if connection has been lost with the invigilator/proctor, you should expect a call on the number you entered during the check-in process.
- Disconnect extra monitors from the computer you are using for your exam, disconnect any external speakers, radios, projectors and/or televisions in the room in which you are taking your exam. Such items are not permitted at your desk.
- Place food and smoking equipment out of sight. Smoking is not permitted during your exam.
- Wherever you choose to sit the exam, you should be in a walled room, with a closed door and your screen should not be visible to anyone else including through a window, via CCTV or any other device.
- Make sure your full face is visible to the camera throughout the exam.
- Do not cover or obstruct the camera.
- Do not whisper or read out loud any of the exam content.
- Prior to finishing and submitting your exam, let your invigilator/proctor know through the chat box that you have finished. They will oversee the submission process.
- Candidates are not permitted to end their exam early and must remain under invigilator/proctor supervision for the entire duration of the scheduled exam time.
Remote Invigilated Session Exams only: You must not leave your desk for any reason unless you are specifically permitted to do so. If you are permitted to take a bathroom break, before doing so you must use the chat function to notify the invigilator/proctor that you are leaving your desk and upon returning to your desk inform them that you have returned. It is important that you do not exceed the 5-minute break limit as this may result in your exam being terminated.
Session centre-based exams only: The supervisor will not allow you to enter the examination room after the first hour of the examination.
All session exams: Candidates are not permitted to end their exam early and must remain under invigilator supervision for the entire duration of the scheduled exam time.